- Gapminder: Fighting ignorance with numbers, statistics, animations and more
- Date created
- December 2, 2017
- Major group
- C-critical thinking, E-education, F-framework, J-justification, M-misconception, P-presentation, S-strategy, T-transformation, V-validation, Y-yardstick, A-apps_software
Gapminder is the website of Hans Rosling who passed away on 7 February 2017. This energetic, funny, captivating person was committed to the idea that instead of wasting our time blaming the media or condemning the human brain, we must develop free teaching material to dismantle misconceptions and promote a fact-based worldview.What Gapminder does:
Gapminder is an independent Swedish foundation with no political, religious or economic affiliations. Gapminder is a fact tank, not a think tank.(Visited 17 times, 17 visits today)
- Identify the most ignored global facts by comparing what people think against the official statistics. Gapminder runs public polls and asks knowledge questions to live audiences from stage.
- Develop data visualization tools to let people explore the vast treasure of global statistics. Since many people hate statistics, we use photos as data to give the numbers meaning.
- Gapminder promotes Factfulness, a new way of thinking about the world and society.
- Video 1
- Video 2
(Visited 17 times, 17 visits today)